Middleware Engineer Professionals
Required Technical Skills
· 3 – 5 years of Apache administration experience
· 5 – 7 years of WebLogic administration experience.
· 3 – 5 years of Tomcat administration experience.
· Hands-on experience with Unix Shell scripting.
· Good understanding of platform infrastructure components – Unix, Storage (SAN/NAS), Network Security, DNS, BigIP, TCP/IP, LDAP etc
· Good understanding of Relational Databases – Oracle, DB2, SQL Server etc.
· 3 – 5 years of Oracle SOA, OSB experience (application integration experience is a plus).
· 1 - 2 years of Oracle Enterprise Manger (OEM) experience (administration / usage).
· 1 – 2 years of Java (J2EE) Development experience.
· 1 – 2 years of Appian BPM experience
· Act as primary interface between Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and technical stakeholders.
· Middleware Certifications and Baseline support
· Assistance with internal Application /Portal development
· Build environments as per application requirements.
· Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep environments run with supported versions.
· Proficient in problem determination, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
· Identify and recommend process improvements from time-to-time.
· Experience working with Vendor for Incident and Problem resolution.
· Automate middleware tasks using Unix shell-scripting, python.
· Document and Provide technical guidelines and best practices to Operations, Integration and Development teams.
Middleware Engineer Senior
Required Technical Skills
· Min 5 years’ experience with UNIX, WebLogic and other middleware administration and shell scripting.
· 5-7 years’ experience with Oracle WebLogic as administrator, to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
· Experience automating routine WebLogic administrative tasks using WLST/Jython, ksh, or other tools.
· Ability to drive automation of middleware products, especially Oracle WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, WebMethods.
· Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
· Strong Unix experience with UNIX shells scripting: Solaris, RedHat Linux.
· Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and manage customer expectation.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work on shifts to support projects.
• Create/configure new middleware instances required by the project.
• Work with team leads to automate installation steps with scripts and BladeLogic.
• Automate or improve existing automation to monitor baseline on new instances.
• Perform troubleshooting and/or configuration changes to resolve middleware issues.
• Write documentation for other administrators.
• Team player attitude; ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
• Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues in plans and strategies.
• Knowledge of infrastructure / network components (Big IP, 3DNS, Firewalls).
• Use of ClearCase.
• Use of ServiceNow Incident Management.
Middleware Engineer Specialist
Required Technical Skills
• Position requires at least a bachelor’s degree, along with 10+ years of experience with at least two of the following: J2EE, Weblogic, Apache/Tomcat, Webmethods, AutoSys , ETL /Informatica & ClearCase/GIT.
• Two years of hands-on experience with SQL, and shell scripting.
• Ideal candidate will be self-driven.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to think out of the box and drive towards high quality solutions and resolutions.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting capabilities
• Must be resourceful and driven in their ability to meet expectations in a highly structured, process-oriented environment.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus: Jenkins(Hudson), iLog Administration, database administration, Informatica.
• Knowledge of Repository Manager and Folder Management
• Working knowledge of creating labels
• Experience with Exporting and Importing objects.
· Work with development teams to understand build and deployment needs and provide SME support.
· Develop application build and deployment scripts.
· Provide support for day to day application build, deployment of code (Java and /or ETL), and Data models on lower environments.
· Provide associated implementation documentation for controlled environments, including production.
· Build-out, setup and configuration of new and/or existing environments.
· Coordinate with and provide guidance to project teams on infrastructure related topics
· Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems while working under limited supervision
· Analyze configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions
· Troubleshoot complex issues with limited guidance
· Identify environment requirements to meet project development and testing needs.
· Collaborate with the Deployment Support, Infrastructure Support, Unix System Administrators and Database Administrators
· Follow established standards and process.
· Coordinate with and provide guidance to developers on their development environments
· Provide subject-matter-expert advice to the project team for the various platforms used for
the software development lifecycle.
· Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
· Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization.
· Provide support to developers in remediating web applications due to upgrade of middleware components such as: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic on Linux and Solaris platform;
· Work with Engineering and Infrastructure build teams to provision middleware instances at various stages (DEV, SIT, UAT and PROD);
· Configure the middleware instances;
· Understand the structure and work flow of the web applications that being worked on;
· Troubleshoot and perform problem analysis during development, testing phases and production deployment;
· Identify break points and provide solutions during upgrade;
· Provide clear documentation on solutions and operational steps;
· Develop implementation plan for UAT and PRODUCTION deployment;